Have you ever considered carry-on only travel? Whether you’re just dipping your toes into the wonderful world of packing lighter and traveling with less or you’re a die-hard for a suitcase that you could fit in, keep reading.
There’s something to say for streamlining your travels and packing smarter. These travel accessories will create more space, less frustration and more time to focus on making the most of your trip.
- Microfibre Towel - a quick-drying, ultra-thin towel that folds into a palm-sized pouch is perfect for beach days, excursions, camping, hiking, hotel use...you name it. It also doubles as a pillow in a pinch!
- Inflatable Pillow - a neck-saver on a long flight, this inflatable pillow keeps your neck from doing the “head bob” and allows you to get some comfortable shut-eye in transit. If you’ve ever woken up with a 3-day, a trip-ruining kink in your neck from sleeping on a flight you know how key this is.
- BUFF - a BUFF can be worn as a scarf, hat, bandana or even double as an eye mask. They’re made of merino wool so they’re moisture-wicking, anti-odor, and even provide UV protection from the sun.
- Luggage Scale - a luggage scale is a luxury, sure. But it’s also a very handle little tool to avoid any awkward surprises at the airport!
- Laundry Bags & Shoe Bags - your shoes and clothes might be clean when you’re packing, but they won’t be later! Having a shoe & laundry bag helps keep your belongings separated and organized.
- Packing Cubes - if there’s one thing on this list that’s a “must-have”, for us it’s packing cubes. They keep your bag organized, which is great, but they also provide compression which means your clothes take up less space.
- Travel Wallet - keep your chords, plugs, headphones, SD cards and any other tech organized during your travels! A travel wallet is perfect because it provides all the pouches and pockets you need to avoid a tangled mess later.
- Travel Bottles - travel bottles are perfect for any liquids you’re carrying. They hold less than 100mls, they’re leak-free and these particular bottles can stick to the side of your shower or mirror.
- Packable Daypack - secondary bags that you can fold up in your carry-on are perfect for day trips, hiking, beach days and even for single over-night use (like a trip from the mainland to an island, perhaps). They’re lightweight, water-resistant and also provide an alternative to shopping bags while you’re traveling.
- Liquids Pouch - anything that makes the security check at the airport a little easier is a bonus. A liquids pouch is a smart idea and keeps your liquids organized and ready for security (without having to rummage through your bag).
If carry-on only travel has piqued your interest, check out the beginners packing guide ‘How to pack for carry-on travel’ for a step by step plan.
Written by Dashboard Living
Travelling in search great wine, exceptional food and cushy place to rest our heads. Living in pursuit of authentic experiences and prioritizing memories over things while encouraging others to do the same.